Friday 19 October 2012

Life | Disintegration

Forever has gone. Today is infinity...

I really liked I've Sound back in the days (a low trance assembly with a few artists). No idea why I'm writing about Disintegration because I never really liked that song. However, in recent years, maybe I have changed - I mean I would still seek out their stuff and listen to them but I'm far less excited about them. I don't know why I'm blogging about this especially because to be extremely honest, I don't know many people who like them or have similar preferences in music as me. On the other hand, I do have similar music preferences to other people. I listen to pretty diverse stuff and like almost anything.

How does that work?
I guess what I'm trying to express is that it's easy for me to be similar to or enjoy similar things to other people - I'm quite open minded and outgoing (and clearly, modest). Ha! Anyway, yeah I haven't found too many people like me. One place for that is of course, forums. Forums are super cool and people with similar interests can come together easily, discussing things. However, it's not the same as real life interaction and often I stop foruming because it gets way too tedious.

But I don't think you have to find friends who are similar to you for you to enjoy time with them. Differences are somewhat interesting but too many differences kill a friendship. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that differences (in cliche language) make a friendship more interesting - because I don't think it always does. Certainly haven't experienced that before. But it's more like if I can empathise and enjoy what you enjoy, it's not too bad. Since we both enjoy it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not changing myself to suit other people, it's more like I'm learning something from you and I find that beneficial so I will keep at it.

Oh, but it is usually common interests that bring people together I suppose - or when you're forced in a class together - you are forced to become friends essentially. It's not as bad as it seems - it can surprise you. People you would never imagine to befriend if not under those circumstances can turn out to be awesome friends.

I's weird, my bunch of friends are all different people - that's why giant parties aren't great for them they would separate into groups haha. Its good though - sometimes to escape one I visit another. But I always have a few good friends I can be with or talk to no matter what. You need those in life. You need them to help you get through boredom and you destroying yourself with thoughts.

I don't know what I'm talking about anymore, like most of my posts. So yeah.. how should I end this?

I'm blogging a lot more lately, which is good for you, bad for me. My exams start next week. Not happy about all my subjects this semester. I really don't want to repeat any of them.

On an unrelated note - how the heck does Google+ work?!

And yesterday's dreams, today a faint memory - LIA / MELL
(I like MELL's version better, but her Engrish is 'better' than LIA because LIA has studied in Australia)

1 comment:

  1. I think if all our friends were like us then it'd be quite boring. And I wouldn't learn much from a symbiotic relationship. Was this sparked by our sunbaking conversation? I had this thought that if two people lived together long enough, then perhaps, they may fall for each other because they're so tame to each others personalities, but I do understand how such circumstances bring people together. And it's almost selective, at that. If you wear a Queen band shirt then a fan will approach you. I don't remember the last time I had a 'group outing' because the dynamics are just too different, but I've always preferred hanging out one-on-one with others. I'd like to think someone can enjoy my undivided attention. Good luck on your exams Lion!

    ReplyDelete