Saturday 11 August 2012

Life | What mother lion taught me

I do love posting at night, I don't know why. The certain quietness and stillness is great. That doesn't mean I don't like posting during the day, squeezing every second out of the day is what I enjoy. I never like to waste my days at all. Well, I guess that means I love posting all the time.

Anyway, this blog wasn't supposed to be too personal at first but whatever, we'll see how it turns out. I don't exactly remember too much about my childhood prior to the age of 9, just bits and pieces, flashes of images, images I have construed from stories told to me. And I can't say that this advice was given to me by mother lion before that age. I can't say that her advice is completely original either.

Your brain is a sponge. You absorb information every minute and second of the day. But at the end of the day, squeeze out all the unnecessary and harmful things and retain the good.

Sounds quite stupid but it has shaped the person I have become. Most of my friends know me as an extremely reflective person. With my birthday coming up soon, I don't know what crazy things I might say to them that may surprise them or freak them out. Ha! Either way, I do think it's great to think about your own life, as long as it doesn't take over, like it does sometimes for me.

I don't know the point of  this post. Maybe just to share something with the rest of the world. Maybe there is no point - must there be one? That is a question for another time. *closes story book* Ha!

You know, even when you close your eyes, you can't escape the fantasy that is this world.

2 comments:

  1. You're on a roll :D I think there's something very theraputic about blogging at night where it's just you and your thoughts. I think that's a beautiful adege to live buy, a necessary one at that. I think it's a sign of how human we are if everything just kinda overwhelms us and being reflective upon that is a very mature thing to muster up. Not everything need a point, which is what's so funny about life. It's the substance of this post that makes it special :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Bambino - I agree very much. As much as I regret killing my old blog full of these things, it's time was past and I moved on.

    ReplyDelete