Monday 15 April 2013

MBFWA13 | Staple the Label

Staple the Label held their show at The Theatre on the last day of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia. When I first walked in and saw those glass panels down the middle of the runway I was ecstatic about the show. I could just imagine that it was going to be crazy (good). The production team at the show did an excellent job with the concept of this line called 'Crystalline' which boasts all things synthetic and fashion forward whilst maintaining the minimalism iconic to this brand. The show held together extremely well and had a theme - that's what I love about fashion shows.


From the flickering spotlights along both sides of the catwalk to the glass panels which created a futuristic and fast-fashion feel, I was captivated by the show. I loved the semi-reflectiveness of the panels which gave it such a mysterious twist on all the pieces. I also loved the robotic movements of the mannequins who walked down the runway showcasing some good pieces.

The styling with chains and piercing and silver wigs brought the show to the next level. Although the show was excellent, some of the pieces weren't that wearable. But I'll give lots of points to the design of the outfits and the use of colours to complement the show. I kind of felt like the clothes were supporting the show, not the other way around. Anyway, the show was crazy good and I was excited all throughout.

I loved the idea of loose knitwear in summer, it was great. The use of a light almost smoky yellow was very clever and it complemented the sheer white of some of the pieces. For me, the white and grey prints were very strong and likeable and some dresses had such an interesting and simple cutting which made the minimalist look perfect.

Highlights of the show:

No comments:

Post a Comment