Friday 13 September 2013

NYFW | M is for Sexy - Michael Kors SS14 Review

Michael Kors is a favourite for many and I really enjoyed his SS13 so I was looking forward to seeing this collection at New York Fashion Week. Of course, the runway looks are all selling the bags and shoes. It's great to see that he matched the shoes to every outfit, something many designers overlook at the runway. It makes the whole look complete.


Michael Kors' pieces were well structured and feminine with smart cuttings for tops, and pleats for skirts. The leathery look is great but I'm not too big on the fur. He had a lot of fun with the collars of the look which often created an 'M' and I couldn't unsee it in the rest of the looks after I noticed it. All the runway photos are here. The show had everything you could ever want, leather, fur, florals, sheer, knits - you name it, and all very sexy and sophisticated.

The coat is very Michael Kors and it shows off the luxurious nature of the brand. I was a bit surprised by the prints that he chose but in a good way, I really enjoyed the small spotty flowers. It was interesting that both the structured and loose fitting pieces created great effeminate energy. I also really enjoyed the showcase of the MK bags. Swimwear was great, a bikini top and a high waisted skirt in the large floral prints. The colour choice was also surprising to me but he made it work really well and it especially suited the texture of his bags. The leathery top will definitely be a signature piece.


Nice to get some menswear in the show to break it up and making it more interesting. But they were only there to support the ladies. I am really looking at that bag right there and the navy shirt. Yes please.


That gold watch, yes please.

Photos from Fashionising

No comments:

Post a Comment