Tuesday 10 September 2013

NYFW | Rustic Genius - Billy Reid SS14 Review

I first came across Billy Reid through K-Swiss because I love their sneakers. They have very interesting styles and they feel very 'me'. I'm sure you have all come across brands which reflect you the best. Billy Reid's SS14 is very texture and print oriented. You can find all the photos here. The show New York Fashion Week (NYFW) was really nicely produced to reflect the ideas of the collection. Especially loved the plants and railway of course.


There are really nice casual shirts that I would definitely wear. I love the materials that he used to create the looks. The pieces are more rustic but at the same time structured. Besides texture, prints seem to be the focus of the pieces. Gone is minimalist and the pieces feel much more retro and homey. The jumpers have really cool prints and texture which work excellently with shorts. The collection also goes a bit experimental with an extremely loose camouflage outerwear and an updated light camo jacket. The blazers all have really interesting prints or textures for the single colour ones. Contrasting panels in terms of materials used are very clever to create different textures too. Menswear has never been so interesting!


My favourite look is the one in the middle. I love white and black looks and the shorts have a really cool print. Nice bag and shoes too :D


Photos from Fashionising

No comments:

Post a Comment